Sunday, February 21, 2010

Families are forever - Day 8

"The divine plan of happiness enables family relationships to be perpetuated beyond the grave."


This activity is a takes a bit of prep work...so I recommend having it ready to go before beginning day 1 of teaching the proclamation.

We made a memory game using pictures of our ancestors. I just xeroxed some pictures that I had from a family book and cut them out to fit on an incomplete deck of cards that I had lying around the game closet. The great thing about this is that you can use as many or little matches as you want. After the kids had found a match, I told them a little bit about each person and how they were related to them. I am grateful to be able to teach my kids about their ancestors and to have a family book of pictures that date back to the late 1800's. It made this activity so much easier, and I am thankful for all my family members who took time to keep journals and to other family members that put all of this information into one book.

When my kids are older, I want to play this game again...but it will be fun to have them try to match grandma's with grandpa's and see if they can remember who is married to who.

No comments: