Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Fortunately/Unfortunately

Have you ever read the book "Fortunately" by Remy Charlip? If I remember right, it's about a boy's day and it goes a little something like this:

Fortunately, Ned was invited to a surprise party.
Unfortunately, the party was a thousand miles away.
Fortunately, a friend loaned Ned an airplane.
Unfortunately, the motor exploded.
Fortunately, there was a parachute in the airplane.
Unfortunately, there was a hole in the parachute....

Well, I felt a little like Ned this week.
Here is my version of "Fortunately"

Fortunately, Julie has an amazing house with all new appliances.
Unfortunately, the dishwasher broke anyways.
Fortunately, Julie has a handy husband who can fix about anything.
Unfortunately, the dishwasher isn't one of them.
Fortunately, Julie has a cute boy who likes to help mom.
Unfortunately, that only lasted about 5 minutes.

But it was cute while it lasted!






Here are some more highlights of the past few weeks:
For not having an accident 2 days in a row, Levi got the ultimate reward-A train ride at Freestone Park. He sure loved having Grandma Lori and Grandpa Nick there, along with Aunt Lyndsey, Aunt Shannon and her boyfriend Daniel.



Usually Brandon likes to wait until after Thanksgiving to put up the tree, but with a 3 year old excited about Christmas (ok, maybe the mother of the 3 year old being excited) the tree went up a full week before Turkey day. (No, Levi's not asleep, he just think he has to make a goofy face when I tell him to smile).




3 comments:

Rob and Jen Cooper said...

Okay, love the background! Could you please send Levi over to my house to do dishes! He is so cute!

Michelle Hansen said...

Dallin was begging for our tree to go up before Thanksgiving, but we held out until the day after. He's been watching Christmas movies since early November and has his Santa wish list stuck on the fridge. Christmas is such a great time of year for the kids. :)

Amy said...

Hi Julie! I found your blog! I can't believe how big your kids have gotten (actually you were pregnant with Hannah the last time I saw you. Yikes!)

Don't you just love how "helpful" little kids can be. I have to keep telling myself to let my kids help because later they won't be so helpful. Gotta get all the work out of them that I can...when I can.