Friday, January 29, 2010

The Family: A Proclamation To the World

Well, this is my attempt to do something fun and spiritual with the kids. For the next 30 days, Brandon and I will be teaching Levi and Hannah "The Family: A Proclamation to the World."...

...Teaching them, not making them memorize, the Proclamation...

We will be having mini lessons each night, giving Levi and Hannah visual aids and/or a craft to make to help them understand the words.

I got my inspiration for this idea off of a blog I stumbled upon...but I am tweaking things just a little bit to what works best for us. So, sit back, relax and hold me accountable if I don't post our activities at the end of each day (This will be motivation for me to see our activities through).


First I printed a copy of The Family Proclamation and took it down to Staples to have it enlarged...then I underlined it in different colors and numbered them into the 30 different sections.

It is now posted on the back of our front door where we can easily see it. It definitely got my kids attention when I was putting it up there. There was also just enough space on the bottom of the page to cut out a picture of the First Presidency from November's Ensign and tape it on. This will help my kids know who the First Presidency is...I had a hard time getting a good picture without a glare on my camera, so here are a few that I found online...


We are going to officially start tomorrow so that we will finish on the last day of February. I can't wait to start!

No comments: