Saturday, January 30, 2010

Marriage is ordained of God - Day 1 & 2

"We, The First Presidency and the Council of the Twelve Apostles of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, solemnly proclaim that marriage between a man and a woman is ordained of God..."

Well, it is day one of our Family Proclamation teachings! We got home late tonight from being with family...and I almost thought of just doing two days worth of teaching tomorrow...but I said to my self, we have to be consistent or this won't work. So at 9 pm tonight I gathered the kids around the back door and we read the first part of the Proclamation.

I explained who the First Presidency is and who the Council of the Twelve Apostles are.

--Day 2 --
(I did all this in one day, but to have 30 days of the proclamation instead of 29, this lesson could be split into 2 days)

Then I asked Levi if he knew what 'marriage' meant. He didn't know, so I showed these pictures of Brandon and I on our wedding day. I said that marriage is when a man and a woman go to the temple and kiss and say that they will love eachother forever.

Levi wanted to know how old he would be when he got married...and what he would wear. So cute. He is already planning ahead :)

Then I showed Levi and Hannah my wedding ring and asked if they knew what it meant...and they did because I tell them all the time...it means that daddy loves mommy. Then I did the same with Brandon's ring.

That was pretty much our lesson, nothing really fun or fancy to it, but I know that not all lessons need to be a production...and plenty of them coming up will be...so I don't feel so bad about todays. :)

I feel really good inside for teaching my children the words of our prophet. I am excited to teach them and know we will have good family memories from it.

No comments: