Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Of heavenly parents - Day 5

"Each is a beloved spirit son or daughter of heavenly parents, and, as such, each has a divine nature and destiny."


Well, we are on day four of learning the Family Proclamation and it is so fun to think of all the different ways to teach my children what Heavenly Father would want them to know. I had a totally different plan for today's lesson, but this one came to me and so I went with it.

I took a picture of the kids holding up a piece of paper stating that Levi was a beloved son of God and that Hannah was a beloved daughter of God....
It wasn't until just now that I realized I should have had their papers say that they were beloved a beloved son and daughter of HEAVENLY PARENTS. That is what the proclamation states. I know we all know that we have a heavenly mother as well as a heavenly father, I guess I wasn't paying attention when I printed off the papers for them to hold.

If I was to do this lesson again, I would have our family sing "Oh My Father" Hymn number 292 because of the last line in the 3rd verse that reads "...in the heav'ns are parents single? No, The thought makes reason stare! Truth is reason; truth eternal Tells me I've a mother there."

Tomorrow I will have to emphasize to Levi and Hananh that they have a heavenly mother as well as a heavenly father...just like they have an earthly mother and an earthly father...

Well, we then printed these pictures off our computer and we made picture frames for them out of popsicle craft sticks.


Then we let them have at it! They painted to their hearts content. Then I had them each put their thumbprint on the picture frame and told them that fingerprints are special because everyones is different.

This hopefully helped them understand that they are beloved and special.



When dry, we slid the pictures right in, and now they have a reminder that they are each beloved and loved by heavenly parents (and their earthly mom and dad too) :)

1 comment:

Jeanette said...

I love what you are doing to teach your kids The Proclamation. I am going to keep reading for more ideas and start using them with my kids.