So, not only is life sacred, but parents have a solemn responsibility to love each other and their children. How do we show that love? By controlling our tempers? By going to church? By teaching correct principles and praying daily with our family?
At the end of the day I like to reflect what I did well and what I could have done better as a mother...and it never fails that I always wish I had given my kids my attention when they asked for it..."mom come play with me" "Mom watch this!" "Mommy hold me"...but I always seem to be in the middle of cleaning something or balancing the checkbook, and I always end up saying, "Just a minute"... Well those minutes are adding up and I fear the day when my kids won't come to me anymore. This has helped me to catch myself the next time my kids want my attention. Can the kitchen floor wait 10 minutes to be mopped? Does the checkbook have to be balanced right this minute? They grow so fast, and I want to enjoy every moment of it.
PS - It does not ruin the baking mold. They come out clean and can still be used for baking :)



No comments:
Post a Comment