"Parents have a sacred duty to rear their children in love and righteousness, to provide for their physical and spiritual needs..."
What better way to provide for your children than to bake some bread with them. I love cooking with my kids and while our bread was baking I took the time to teach them how bread satisfies our physical hunger, while the scriptures fill our spiritual hunger.
In John 6:35 we read, "And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst."
Which means, that when we follow Jesus and keep his commandments, we won't be searching elsewhere for answers to our questions. We will know who we are and our souls will be eternally satisfied. When we read our scriptures daily, we are filling a spiritual need, and keep Jesus close to us.
What better way to provide for your children than to bake some bread with them. I love cooking with my kids and while our bread was baking I took the time to teach them how bread satisfies our physical hunger, while the scriptures fill our spiritual hunger.
In John 6:35 we read, "And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst."
Which means, that when we follow Jesus and keep his commandments, we won't be searching elsewhere for answers to our questions. We will know who we are and our souls will be eternally satisfied. When we read our scriptures daily, we are filling a spiritual need, and keep Jesus close to us.



1 comment:
Cute pics!! I'm here now... reading along! Glad that I found your blog!
--Jamie
Post a Comment