Thursday, January 22, 2009

A stroll around the block

Part of our daily routine is going "jogging" around the neighborhood when the mornings are nice. It gives me some much needed exersize, gives the kids something to look at besides the TV, and gives us all some fresh air. Of course we have to bring snacks with us, even though we are usually only gone for a half hour-Hannah is eating a bag of pretzels!


Our daily jogs just got a little more interesting this month, with the start of a new church building going up just around the corner from our house. Levi loves to watch the tractors and bobcats and "mulch trucks" (I know that is not what they are really called, but hopefully you know what I am talking about).


This is what the sight looked like a few weeks ago.


They tore out a bunch of orange trees and one old house. We were lucky enough to be walking by when the house was being torn down. Levi loved watching the tractor at work!


And here is what the land looked like last week!


On our way home I made Levi stand in our driveway in front of the neighbor's horse "Boss". I love living where my kids can see different kinds of animals, right in our very own neighborhood. Boss always stands in this corner by our driveway because there are horses across the street and this is as close as he can get to them. (1, 2, 3, Ahhhhh).We also see goats and cows along the route, I'll have to get pictures of them next time.

And on a side note, it was my birthday on the 17th, and so we had a combined birthday party with my 10 year old niece Amorette and my 4 year old nephew Trent-who's birthdays were on the 13th. I got cute pictures of Levi and Hannah with dessert! The one of Levi makes it look like it was his birthday!


Hannah obviously likes the cone better than the ice cream!

2 comments:

Rogers Family said...

Super cute kids. You are such a good mom by taking them for walks. i just let them go outback and play when they need fresh air:( Oh well, thats why you're skinny!

Lindsay said...

It's going to be so fun to see that new building up and going! Awesome pictures. I keep meaning to stop by and take pictrues of it!